Launched in 2018, kea is changing the way restaurants operate. We've built a SaaS voice product that takes calls on the behalf of the restaurant, helping customers place their orders without having to speak to someone in the store. This allows the restaurant to stop context-switching and focus on what they do best: making great food. We've raised $18m to date and we're building an amazing team to drive the world's restaurant commerce. We've experienced over 500% year-over-year revenue growth, and plan to continue that trend by providing even more value for our customers through our technology. There are tens of thousands of restaurants out there that need kea, and we're building for them.
Our Commitment as a team
We are one unit moving at high velocity. We play to win the long game. We are compassionate and care for others. We are open and transparent. As you review the below keep Our Commitment in mind. Your uniqueness is valued and differences of opinion, background, and ability are welcomed. If you think you satisfy even just a few of the below points, please apply!
About the role
kea is looking for an experienced backend software engineer to join our team to build enterprise software. You will be responsible for translating product and design documents into working products, making long-term technical and architecture decisions, and setting up the organization for future backend engineers. Since we are a young, small start-up much of your work will be from-scratch development.
Our Tech Stack currently includes
Projects that we’re excited about for you
- Platform for interacting with restaurants that acts as a base API layer for our suite of applications and automations, sitting on top of a variety of underlying APIs and POS systems
- System for ingesting and maintaining menus and product availability across thousands of restaurants across many chains
- Huge-data pipelines and instrumentation for human- and robot-driven voice conversations that will drive ML pipelines for automating and improving the ordering process
- Voice automations for programmatically gathering information from customers and providing information to customers; helping our customers get their food on time and be informed of the status of their orders!
What your day-to-day looks like
- Collaboration with other backend engineers and product engineers on architecting, designing, and implementing product features
- Participating in a scrum managed agile software development process and contributing to ongoing process improvement; keeping a weekly sprint cycle.
- Participating in architecture and technical decision making
- Designing algorithms, data structures, and software components
- Writing, testing, reviewing code to implement product features
- Participation in an on-call rotation to provide first-line support to operations teams.
What Sets You Up For Success
- 5+ years of backend engineering experience
- Independently architect, design, and implement system components
- Delivery of quality product features on a tight deadline
- Experience integrating APIs and implementing your own
- Experience with a modern software development process, including scrum / agile development.
- Willingness to collaborate with a diverse team: product managers, operations managers, backend engineers, product engineers
- Awareness of the importance of security, and how to design/implement reasonably secure systems.
What we offer
- Generous stock option plan
- 100% employer-paid medical and mental health care benefits. Vision and dental also available.
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote work
- Ownership, responsibility, and empowerment in what you do
- Incredible teammates and a caring workplace culture